"I am done with KOWA Party" - Sina Fagbenro-Byron

Sina Fagbenro-Byron is a popular lawyer, humanitarian, politician and former Presidential aspirant in the 2019 Presidential elections. He has officially terminated his membership from KOWA party.


He made this information public in a letter directed to members and board of trustees of the party, dated 12th October, 2020.


He also clearly indicated that he is yet to join any other party but “would only do so after wide consultations”


The content of the letter reads thus:


The Members, NEC and Board of Trustees

Kowa Party of Nigeria


Through: Ag National Chairman


This is to formally announce the termination of my membership of Kowa Party which I joined as a founding member. The termination takes effect from October 1st 2020

The decision was taken after months of deep reflection and after consultations with professional colleagues, ideological compatibles, my admirers and supporters across Nigeria, friends and my family.

The SFB Movement would like to have time to reassess the political landscape with a view to make an independent decision on our political way forward. My desire for now is to continue focus on efforts at restructuring Nigeria for the good governance and well-being of the Nigerian people.

My thanks to the Board of Trustees, the NEC, the state SECs and friends of Kowa Party for the marvelous journey together and I am grateful for having been given the opportunity, to have flown the Kowa party flag as its Presidential Candidate in the 2019 Nigerian general elections. I would like to singularly thank and salute our former Presidential Candidate 2015, Professor (Mrs) Oluremi Sonaiya for her leadership, support, humility, integrity and exemplary courage even where ‘strong men’ quivered in the face of political fire and pressure.

For the avoidance of doubt, I have not joined any other party yet and would only do so after wide consultations. Meanwhile I will be focusing on my professional and social work in development consulting, governance, women’s empowerment, development partnership support and providing technical assistance wherever invited or commissioned to do so.



I believe in the beauty of Nigeria’s diversity and I am a lover of its people. As a Federalist and believe in the mutuality of benefits and responsibilities of all the federating peoples of Nigeria. I believe that together we can make a difference, especially when we understand what it means to be together and have a clarity of what difference we desire to make and how.


I have made several friends in KOWA Party since 2008 and hope that those friendships will remain.

Please accept the assurances of my highest regards.


God bless you and thank you.


Yours sincerely

Dr Sina Fagbenro-Byron


Comments